A Bad Day for Donald Trump
- On Breitbart news, the President passive aggressively warned that though Democrats are tough politically, his supporters are actually tougher, citing military members, bikers, and others.
- Trump also claims that Senator Paul Ryan blocked subpoenas on Democrats for any wrong doings that may have occurred.
- The House of Representatives voted 420 – 0 to make the findings of the Mueller report public. Lindsay Graham immediately blocked any vote from the Senate.
- Court rules that Trump is not above the law, as New York continues to prosecute in a defamation case involving apprentice contestant Summer Zervos.
- The “no collusions with Russia” mantra was given some support in Paul Manafort’s court cases according to one of his attorneys. Kevin Downing asserted that this was stated, but in quoting the judge in one of the cases she had this to say, “The ‘no collusion’ refrain that runs through the entire defense memorandum is unrelated to the matter at hand,” she said, adding, “The ‘no collusion’ mantra is simply a non sequitur.”
- Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov revealed two emails on Friday from U.S. President Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, who pleaded guilty the previous day to lying to Congress about a project in Moscow. (Also see story from yesterday.)
In an attempt to balance things:
- Here are 20 things Trump has done right, though the author also calls for his impeachment. This is refreshing as both Republicans and Democrats have lost the ability to praise each other in any way, even if it is a compliment followed by a call for impeachment.
- Spotify, as well as Blue Cloud Development believe apple’s app commissions are unfair, charging as much as 30% on gains from apps sold at their store.
- Beta O’Rourke states that the federal legalization of marijuana could help mental health issues as well as the opiate crisis.
- Simultaneously, the manufacturers of Fentanyl, a drug 30 times stronger than heroin and responsible for nearly 100,000 overdose deaths gave money to keep Marijuana illegal, donating a $500,000,000 dollars.
- DARPA is building a 10 million dollar open-source voting system that no one will trust.
- Coca-Cola admits to producing 3 million tons of plastic per year. I use the same water bottle everyday, but I don’t think this offsets the plastic problem.
- America’s doctors warn Google, Twitter, and Facebook: Anti-vaxxers are weaponizing tech platforms, prompting outbreaks that can ‘debilitate and kill. See this story from Wednesday.
- Court Rules that Sandy Hook victims can sue Remington for damages. Can they sue the bullet manufacturers as well? Can all shooting victims sue gun manufacturers. This could be a dangerous legal precedent.