- Facebook’s concerns over Cambridge Analytics, the company who helped use data to manipulate both the Brexit and 2016 presidential elections, began sooner than they previously admitted. Facebook sells data as a commodity, so this shouldn’t come as a surprise. Rather, it is a relief that they will finally be caught lying.
- Jared Kushner is accused of careless data management. He used Whatsapp to communicate with foreign dignitaries. This posed a potential security risk, according to “alleged” cyber security experts. If your phone is compromised, the app used isn’t important. You’d have access to any potential hardware and software used on the device. Furthermore, the other users would be exposing themselves to the same risk by using the app.
- A petition for Britain to bail on its Brexit plan hit 3 million signatures in under 2 days. The brexit plan and inability to move forward on the plan can only be described as a debacle.
- Oil firms spend about 200 million dollars a year to thwart climate change legislation. Duh.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez recieved so many death threats, her pages have to do risk assessment. The death threats aren’t funny, but the idea that these idealogical teenagers are somehow equipped to deal with security is. Imagine a pimple faced voice cracking 19 year old waving a metal detector around like some kind of bodyguard. She needs to hire Kevin Costner.
- New Zealand banned automatic weapon sales just six days after its mass-shooting. Now they will have no defense when the British empire shows back up and requires quarter.
- In good news, anti vaccination hashtags being removed from Instagram. This comes in the midst of Amazon banning 2 books that give dangerous cures for autism.
Have a Good Weekend…Here is Something Funny