- Tumblr loses 1/5 of its users after banning pornographic content. 30 % of all internet data is pornography.
- Senate GOP members introduce a bill to limit Presidential emergency powers, in defiance of Trump’s border wall. One member is quoted, the President needs to stop “acting like a King.”
- The Senate also passed landmark resolution to end support of Saudi Arabia in their conflict with Yemen.
- The House of Representatives passed 4 bills that target Russia’s oligarchy and call the country out on perceived human rights violations. House members criticize President for not being tough enough on Russia in some circumstances. Trump has sanctioned Russia to the teeth, and has given deadly weapons to Ukraine to fight Russia in Crimea.
- “NEW YORK PROSECUTORS KNEE MANAFORT IN THE BALLS WHILE HE’S DOUBLED OVER COUGHING UP BLOOD” says Vanity Fair in response to charges filed by New York state. This comes immediately after Manafort is sentenced to 60 months in his second federal case, 30 months of which will run concurrent with his previous sentence. Manafort can not be pardoned by the President on state legal charges.
- After being held for 9 months, Saudi Arabia is having s trial against 9 women’s rights activists. Only relatives will be allowed to attend the trial, excluding U.S. diplomats. Saudi is alleging the activists worked with hostile foreign interests (the U.S.) against the interests of Saudi Arabia. They are charging them with cyber crimes violations, which carry up to ten years per charge.
- Conference basketball conference tournaments are underway this week. Small colleges always make a splash. Colgate college got into the tournament for the first time in 24 years by defeating rival Bucknell. Watch the video of fans storming the court.
- Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell sat the entirety of last season, hoping to make big money in free agency, but his wish has yet to come true in the midst of big names like Odell Beckham Jr. signing large deals. Somehow under the NFL’s weird “franchise tag” rule Bell is still guaranteed to make $14.5 dollars per year with the New York Jets.