by: James Belew
- The city of Lawrence Kansas lowered fines for marijuana possession to one dollar. If Kansas is decriminalizing, why don’t we just make it legal? Seriously. Literally everything in the world is more dangerous than marijuana.
- In the ultimate irony, an interview with AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson was interrupted by a robocall. I think we are all ready for someone to do something about this robocall nightmare.
- The National Christian organization has been reportedly donating money to hate groups to the tune of 56.1 million dollars between 2015 and 2017. I guess it is easier to turn the other cheek if you hire mercenaries.
- Uber’s weird step-brother Lyft is going public. Their IPO is expected to sell shares for around $65 dollars per share. I didn’t even know people used Lyft. In fact, I have never heard anyone say, “get us a Lyft.” Seriously. If one person has ever used this, please comment. This could be the sign of the tech bubble popping.
- A new study shows a link between daily weed use and psychotic breaks. There is no evidence that marijuana causes psychosis. Correlation does not quantify causation. In spite of the headline suggesting that marijuana makes people crazy, Dr. Diana Martinez from Columbia University said, “You can’t say that cannabis causes psychosis. It’s simply not supported by the data.”
- In an attempt to get his class’s attention, a Maryland teacher slammed a door. He wasn’t aware that a student had her hand in the doorway. As a result, the female student lost three fingers. To grab more attention to the story, Fox news reported she suffered a severed hand. This isn’t factual. Either way, this is bad news for door slamming educators nationwide.
- Donald Trump asks congress to make the Mueller report public. This kind of confidence may validate his “witch hunt” hypothesis.
- Donald goes full Charlie Sheen, making a slew of negative comments about military P.O.W.’s, Fox News, and his top aide’s husband. Don’t act surprised. Insulting people is his platform.
Quote of the Day
your life is your life
don’t let it be clubbed into dank submission.
be on the watch.
there are ways out.
there is light somewhere.
it may not be much light but
it beats the darkness.
be on the watch.
the gods will offer you chances.
you can’t beat death but
you can beat death in life, sometimes.
and the more often you learn to do it,
the more light there will be.
your life is your life.
know it while you have it.
you are marvelous
the gods wait to delight
Charles Bukowski “The Laughing Heart”