Our Wednesday World
by: James Belew
- A German scientist painted his observatory to look like R2D2 from Star Wars. Nerds are the new cool.
- In an unrelated and meaningless story, let me express gratitude that the band Limp Bizkut doesn’t make music anymore. Lead singer Fred Durst did sign to Lil Wayne’s Young Money Records. Here is the worst music video and song in human history.
- Openly gay mayor of Indianapolis Pete Buttigieg says he is willing to negotiate with Chik-fil-a on their anti LGBTQ stance. “I do not approve of their politics, but I kind of approve of their chicken,” Buttigieg said jokingly during an interview . The Gay Chicken Fryers club must be donating money to his 2020 campaign to decide if he will campaign in 2020.
- Both Miami (OH) Louisiana State Universities are taking action against fraternities over the seemingly endless and absurd practice of hazing. Don’t these kids know the douchery involved in joining there cornball clubs? I propose legislation making chronic #douchebaggery a federal crime.
- White House Press Secretary Sanders took a page from her boss’s playbook when she created her own NCAA tournament bracket mocking the Mueller report. Check out the “Mueller Madness” bracket here.
- Lastly, here are 5 examples that humanity has the ability to achieve positive endeavors.
Quote of the Day:
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
Ernest Hemingway “Invictus”